Monday, April 23, 2012

Flight 29 Down


This book based on a hit television series in 2007 is a great book. I started reading because I saw it at the shops and remembered I had seen the show once. I decided to read it as a quick fun read. After I started it I couldn't put it down. When I finished the book I realised that there are 6 more but I cannot find any of them. I began watching the TV show one Friday afternoon and it took me into their world. Their world is a bunch of kids and an adult crash on a deserted island somewhere in the pacific (supposably near Guam). They need to survive and wait for rescue while the pilot and three of the children go inland to try to find civilization. They have little food and water and they argue about everything. Each person keeps a video diary to tell their side of the story. After the competition between the two wannabe leaders (Nathan and Daley) die down they found an underground spring. That sparked hope and they began to build their lives there. They build shelter, find food, make fire and much more. I think that they are very clever especially the little genius called lex. I love this book and it is a great short read.


No comments:

Post a Comment