Thursday, April 19, 2012

Scorpia Rising- Anthony Horowitz

Well I finally finished the Alex Rider series and all I have to say is wow. The series has inspired me to become a great reader and because of Horowitz I am now a read-a-holic. I started Alex Rider series a long time ago before we came to Vietnam but it was way to hard for me because I was a terrible reader. From the start of the academic year I have read all 9nine and now have finished. Scorpia Rising was very well written and probably one of my favourite ones of the whole series. It was written in two parts, from Scorpias view and from Alex's view. I was breath taken when there are changes that effect the way I see the whole series and how I will see certain people. Very important people die and never comeback even though I was in doubt that they died initially. If I ever read any of the other Alex Rider books I will not read them like I originally did because I know the secrets behind people. Alex Rider is lured into a trap by a new Scorpia member who intentionally wants to mentally torture him before blaming him, a British spy, for the assassination of the Head of State in Egypt, ruining the American-British alliance. After Alex re-meets with his genetically cloned twin, Julius Grief, Alex lost all sense of pity and killed many people in cold blood. Alex is described by Sabina's dad as having death in his eyes and the need to kill. I think that Scorpia Rising has to be one of the best books I have ever read and I am devastated to see the end.


                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment